This privacy declaration will show you how the association works with your personal data. We will make clear which data we have and for what we will use it for. We will explain how you can look at, change and remove your personal data. It is important for us that you are good informed about the privacy declaration and we advise you to read the declaration clearly.
V.S.V. Sipke Wynia and privacy
V.S.V. Sipke Wynia is an independent association without profit objective to all members. We give services via our website for members and non-members. For this we use the personal data. We use this personal data careful and save. We conform to the requirements from the privacy legalisation. This means that we:
- Show clearly for what we use the personal data,
- First ask for your permission for using your personal data in cases where necessary,
- restrict the collection of personal data to only what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. When we ask more than necessary, we will only do so with your explicit permission. In that case, we explain clearly why we request this additional information,
- do not pass on your details to third parties, unless this is necessary to organize an activity, provide a service or when we are legally obliged to do so,
- when we share your data, make agreements with third parties to ensure, among other things, that they are not used for other purposes,
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and that also demands of parties that process personal data on behalf of us.
Use of personal data
As a member of our association, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. We do not always process all the data below. That depends on the activity in which you participate or which service you use. For example, we process data for excursions only when you register for an excursion.
Depending on the services and functionalities you use, we may process the following personal data from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- First name
- Last name
- Student number
- Member number
- Bank name
- Account number
- BIC code
We process the data above for one or more of the following purposes (depending in part on which activity you participate):
- Collect annual membership fee,
- Inviting activities such as; career events, symposiums, company visits, networking drinks and other association related activities,
- Book sales. When you are a member of the association it is possible to get a discount for the books to be ordered annually.
Provision to third parties
We will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is required by law. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide your details.
Secure and save
We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. We have a security policy for this. In this way, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly.
We do not store the data longer than necessary. We use a standard retention period of two years. That means that we will delete your data two years after you have been a member. If another storage period applies, we will notify you accordingly. With the exception of this, the data that we have to keep longer because the law obliges us to do so, such as data for the tax authorities.
Third party website
This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Always read the privacy statement of that website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
Changes in privacy declaration
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. We advise to consult this privacy statement regularly.
Inspection, correction, changes and remove of your data
If you have an account, you can log in to see your details. When data need to be changed, you can contact the Data Protection Officer. When you are no longer a member of the association you can have your personal data removed. If you want to contact us as a result of this privacy statement, you can do so through the contact details below.
+31(0)15-2519238 Monday - Friday 9:30 till 17:00
University of Applied Sciences InHolland Delft, attn. Sipke Wynia, Rotterdamseweg 141, 2628 AL Delft, South-Holland, The Netherlands.
Authority personal data
Of course, we would be happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. If you nevertheless do not come together with us, then you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Authority for Personal Data.
Entry into force
This privacy declaration goes into effect op 13th of august 2018.