- Branche / Vakgebied
- Aeronautical Engineering, Luchtvaarttechnologie
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 01 februari 2024
Kitepower is on a mission to contribute to a more sustainable world by flying kites that generate electricity. Founded as a spin-out of Delft University of Technology, we are developing our first commercial system to power farms, construction sites and (island)communities with renewable airborne wind energy.
We are looking for an intern to join our hardware team in Delft. You will have a challenging internship in renewable energy to apply your academic knowledge and gain valuable working experience.
- Analyse and evaluate the existing electronics and electrical infrastructure of Kitepower.
- Identify and troubleshoot electrical and mechatronic issues in the current designs to improve system performance and reliability.
- Conduct simulations and modeling to predict and optimise the behaviour of mechatronic systems.
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of mechatronic and electronic components to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Collaborate with suppliers to source reliable and high-quality electronic and mechatronic components.
- Create and maintain documentation related to electrical and mechatronic designs, including schematics, PCB layouts, and assembly instructions.
- Passionate about sustainability and renewables
- Studies in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or related
- Experience with battery systems and energy storage
- Knowledge about basic aerodynamics
- Problem-solving and curious mindset
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Good observation skills and ability to give reliable feedback
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and regulations for electrical and mechatronic systems.
For more information visit the site.
The internship starts in February and lasts two months.