- Branche / Vakgebied
- Aeronautical Engineering, Luchtvaarttechnologie
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Kitepower is on a mission to contribute to a more sustainable world by flying kites that generate electricity. Founded as a spin-out of Delft University of Technology, we are developing our first commercial system to power farms, construction sites and (island)communities with renewable airborne wind energy.
We are looking for an intern to join our flight operations team based in Delft with the opportunity to work partly from our test site in Ireland. The operations team is responsible for logging flight hours as we gear up towards commercial availability of our systems. You will have a challenging internship in renewable energy to apply your academic knowledge and gain valuable working experience.
- Prepare and perform the flight tests of the Kitepower Hawk 30kW system and Falcon 100kW system
- Assist the engineering team during the flight tests
- Perform integrity checks on electromechanical equipment
- Monitor and control the Kitepower system, deployed at our test locations in Ireland and the Netherlands
- Plan logistics and organize the equipment on the flight site
- Repair hardware, measure bridle lines and integrate the system components for the next flight tests
- Supply flight test protocols and documentation to other departments
- Data post-processing and analysis of the experimental flight tests
- Small programming developments
- Evaluate and implement small hardware developments
- Scientific studies or applied sciences (math, physics, technical/mechanical engineering discipline)
- Good communication and organization skills
- Fluent written/spoken English
- Good observation skills and ability to give reliable feedback
- Manual work capability, handiwork enthusiast
- Good practical technical understanding
- Commitment to work up to 50% of your time on our Irish test site
- Experience in programming in Python
- Drivers license B
- Outdoor enthusiast
For more information visit the Kitepower site.
The internship starts in February and lasts two months.